Has your libido skyrocketed? Have you needed way more sex than usual? Has your libido switched into high gear and you’re not sure which part of your brain or body is in control?
Have you been fantasizing a big part of your day? Have you fantasized about things you never thought about before?
Have you suddenly found yourself attracted to someone who isn’t your partner? Do you wish you could have a weekend pass from your current relationship?
If you said ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then you could be in
The Sex Surge®
What Exactly Is The Sex Surge®??
The Sex Surge® is a significant increase in libido and sexual desire, and accompanying sexual thoughts and actions, that some women experience during their mid-30s to mid-60s. Women generally report wanting sex and/or orgasm – or even needing it – much more often than usual.
If you’re going through the Sex Surge you might notice that:
* You want to have sex (and some serious pleasure and orgasm) waaaay more than you used to.
* Your sexual attention, energy, and desire may be focused on one person (who might be real or imaginary, and who might be available or not; I sometimes call this the “FF”- the Forbidden Fruit or the Friend I’d Like to Fuck).
* You may fantasize about giving your man (or your Forbidden Fruit – of any gender) some sexual pleasure in places you’ve never thought about before (the beach, the woods, a dark parking lot). Or locking that person in a hotel room for three days so you can Get It On. And on. And on.
* You wake up and have between 3 seconds and 3 minutes before you start thinking about sex. And you think about it pretty much all day, including drawn-out and/or repetitive fantasies.
* You may find yourself willing to experiment sexually, which you were less likely to do before the libido increase.
* You may be considering asking for an open relationship or permission for a ‘weekend pass,’ so you can have sex with new or multiple partners (or the Forbidden Fruit).
* You may be finding people at work are more attractive than you thought before. You might be looking up your high school boyfriend on FB a little more than you usually do.
* Some women find they are attracted to a type of man they never found interesting before. Some women find that every man suddenly has some attractive quality (and wondering….”would that lead to hot sex?”). Some women find themselves unexpectedly attracted to other women.
(If you’re a male reading this, my husband says the Sex Surge® is analogous to what you likely felt as a 23-24 year-old dude; you wanted to ‘tap the herd.’)
The Sex Surge® can last between 6 months – 10 years. When it ends, most women find themselves at the tail end of their usual hormonal cycle or at the gateway to peri-menopause.
Before you make any decisions,
I don’t want you to make some of the uninformed choices I and many of my clients have made before we had all the facts. We can talk about your options and help you make the best choice for you and your own sexual and sensual needs. Sometimes, that means an affair. (You will get no judgement from me about that.) Other times, there are underlying things that we can work on together before you make a choice you will have to live with even after The Surge® is over.